Celebrating PRIDE Month with our favorite LGBTQ+ Storytellers
This year PRIDE month feels even sweeter and we have a lot to celebrate! After spending the past year in COVID-19 lockdowns and missing out on opportunities to gather in-person, PRIDE month comes at the ultimate time as pandemic-related restrictions are being lifted nationally and more Americans than ever have voiced their support for equal rights under the law for people in the LGBTQ+ community.
Love is love. And now we can celebrate with our friends, families, loved ones and even strangers.
One of the reasons that Ad Results Media recognized the unique power that podcasters have very early on is due to their innate ability to tell compelling and captivating stories using their voice. Personal stories not only provide us with entertainment and education but they also lead to understanding and empathy.
We owe an incredible debt of gratitude to the podcasters in the LGBTQ+ community for their bravery, candor and persistence when telling their stories and other stories of the community at large. The honest conversations that occur on podcasts of all genres build familiarity with their audiences but the real stories of coming out, discrimination, parenting and finding love among the LGBTQ+ hosts and guests are even that much more powerful.
For this reason, we want to celebrate PRIDE month by celebrating the LGBTQ+ podcasts and hosts that tell incredible stories and work to break stereotypes and misperceptions — bringing everyone a little closer together.
The Advocate, the oldest and largest LBGT publication in the United States was founded in 1967 and they curated a list of the top LGBTQ podcasts that we should all be listening to.
Here are the 12 “best of the best and the queerest of the queer” podcasts, according to The Advocate:
- Still Processing, Hosts: Jenna Wortham and Wesley Morris
- LGBTQ&A, Host: Jeffrey Masters, The Advocate and curator of the top 12 list
- Making Gay History, Host: Eric Marcus
- One from the Vaults, Host: Morgan M. Page
- Food 4 Thot, Hosts: Dennis Norris II, Joseph Osmundson, Tommy Pico and Fran Tirado
- Hoodrat to Headwrap, Hosts: Ericka Hart and Ebony Donnley
- To L and Back: An L Word Podcast, Hosts: Kristin Russo and Riese Bernard
- Dead for Filth, Host: Michael Varrati
- Bad With Money, Host: Gaby Dunn
- The Read, Hosts: Crissle West and Kid Fury
- Disability After Dark, Host: Andrew Gurza
- Nancy, Hosts: Tobin Low and Kathy Tu
During this month-long celebration of PRIDE, there are a number of ways to get out and celebrate! But you can also “stay-in” and celebrate by listening to the incredible stories told by the leading LGBTQ+ podcasters and their guests.
At Ad Results Media, we are so grateful you chose our favorite medium to amplify your voice and be heard. We will be tuning in!